1. Letter of application addressed to the Minister of Foreign Relations.
a) If the visa is requested in the DR, the letter of application needs to be made by the rector of the university or educational institution.
b) If the application is made from abroad, it needs to be remitted via the corresponding Dominican consulate.
2.- Letter of Guarantee or Affidavit addressed to the Minister of Foreign Relations. Legalized by the corresponding consulate.
a) Signed by the parent or tutor certifying he/she will cover the student's expenditures in the country.
b) Proof of economic solvency.
c) If issued in the country, it needs to be legalized by a notary public.
3. Three front view 2"x2" photographs.
4. Form 509-Ref - Citizens of the United States, Spain, Italy, Panama, Mexico and Norway do not need to purchase these stamps, because the visas are free for them.
5. Certificate of Good Conduct: Issued by the jurisdiction of residence, legalized by the corresponding consulate. If it is a renewal, it should be issued in the country by the Attorney General.
6. Photocopy of the previous visa, in case of a renewal.
7. Medical Certificate: Issued by the jurisdiction of residence of the applicant, legalized by the corresponding consulate. If it is a renewal, it can be issued in the DR, using a IRS form .
8. Proof of registry from the university: This can be a photocopy of the registration.
9. Two complete copies of the applicant's passport.
Embassy contact information:
For all other countries for more information contact the Dominican Republic embassy or consulate in your country.